About Imperial College London
Imperial College London is one of the top ten globally ranked universities.
To bligs for Imperial College's Biomedical Research Centre, highlighting the scientific advances made by the centre.
- Create 45 blogs showcasing biomedical research.
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on technical matters.
- Ensure text was formatted in a consistent style.
About ESB Networks
ESB Networks operate and maintain Ireland's electricity network.
On an on-going basis, I work as a technical writer assisting ESB Networks in the creation of documentation.
- Editing / proofing procedural documentation.
- Liaising with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on engineering / health and safety matters.
- Generate content for corporate polices and procedures.
- Ensure text is formatted in a consistent house style.
SureSkills provide learning services to leading technological companies.
Through SureSkills, I worked as a technical writer on a VMware course. While working closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), I ensured that the course material was edited in line with VMware's strict guidelines covering language and FrameMaker formatting.
- Edited course content in line with VMware's style guides.
- Liaised with Subject Matter Expert (SME) on technical matters.
- Ensured text was formatted in Adobe FrameMaker according to corporate style.
About Vidatum Technologies
Vidatum Technologies provide software services to the education sector.
I worked as a technical writer and project manager on the implementation of Vidatum Academic for Maynooth University. I worked closely with the client and the developers, while proofing the system's interface and creating documentation.
- Proof the RMS as it was being developed.
- Project manage the development of the system, liaising with the client and the development team.
- Create documentation for the system.
A Government funded training initiative helping people to up-skill.
I proofed / wrote the website's text: help menus, navigation controls, pop-up instructions, drop-down menus, forms and all automated communications between the system and its users. Then, I created literature which was bundled with the system and used for training.
- Proof / edit / test the public website as it was being developed.
- Proof / edit / test the back-end website as it was being developed.
- Create training literature for administrative staff using the system.
- Establish a Help Desk for the public website; create a knowledge bank / FAQs / canned responses.
Waratek create application-security products for Java.
On an on-going basis, I work with Waratek on all aspects of their product documentation. Working alongside developers, I ensure that their public-facing documents are kept up to date and are in a consistent style.
- Ensuring that user manuals are kept up to date.
- Creating voice overs for online movies to explain their products.
- Creating content for their Helpdesk (Zendesk).
- Assisting with blogs / presentations / website.
- Knowledge of the following in a Linux environment: Mercurial, BitBucket, ascii text.
About The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RSCI)
The RCSI is Ireland's largest medical school.
On an on-going basis, I work as a rapporteur attached to Peer Review Groups.
- Summarise key points of interest during an interview process.
- Assist Peer Review Group to create presentations.
- Edit Peer Review Group report.
Corvil creates network data-analytics software for the financial sector.
I assisted in the creation of storyboards for an e-learning course.
- Draft e-learning material based on the Corvil user manual.
- Work within an agreed style suitable for voice overs.
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts to refine content.